Tuesday 11 November 2014

Ancillary Task 1: Magazine Advert DRAFT



These are my drafts for the magazine. I have done two because I am undecided whether to add the floral borders or not. I created this magazine using the program Adobe InDesign as I have used it before and therefore won't waste time in teaching myself how to use it, and also I think it is the best suited program for the job. I based the design on previous students' work and also my own imagination. I quite like this first draft however I don't like the typography of the 'includes the hit singles' and the & sign below, so that is something that I will need to work on. I think I prefer the 1st design to the second, because I think the floral borders, whilst they fit in with the boho style of the video and artist, make the poster look too busy and draw the attention away from the information, however I'm glad I created both in order to get a sense of variety.
My colour scheme is black, white and gold, to again reflect the artist's sophisticated musical style. I also tried to keep in continuity with the shapes e.g. the lines to separate the text, and the basic shapes e.g. squares, and circles, to make it easier to read and more appealing to look at. An audience won't be interested if a poster is too complex.
Though I have used the program before, there was one tool that I had not come across before and it's thanks to our teacher that we now all can draw stars equally and more than one at one time. In order to do this, you select the Polygon Tool and whilst still holding the mouse down, pressing the Space Bar and then the arrow keys will allow you to change how many points and edges the Polygon has, and how many of them you want. A simple technique, but one that significantly will improve any rating as the stars will now look the same and professionally done, rather than trying to replicate an already existing one over and over, or even copy and pasting a previous one as it may not be perfectly in line with the other one.
   Overall, I am pleased with this first draft and shall continue to improve on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment