Thursday 30 October 2014

Production Diary 7: Music Companies, Lyrics Analysis, Contact with artist, what next


This week has been very busy again. I have been mainly focusing my efforts on the research tasks, as ideally I would like to finish them all over the next couple of weeks so I can concentrate on the planning tasks and of course the actual filming of my footage.
As you can see from my tasks posted below this production diary, I have complete more tasks including the lyrical analysis of my song 'The Power of Love' - I found when analysing them there was actually a lot more religious overtones that I noticed more than when I was just listening to it, so maybe I could incorporate this into my video somehow?
Also I have made contact with Gabrielle Aplin's management and have asked them for permission to use the song. Though it is unlikely I will get a reply, it will be my 'safety net' if copyright is breached.
Also this week I have completed more tasks which I have added elsewhere on my blog e.g. initial planning ideas, which I did complete as I went along the research tasks because those tasks were helping me form initial planning ideas. As well as this, I have furthered my research into the genre of my music track - Indie - because I feel this will help in making final decisions in costumes, settings, makeup, camera angles etc. Over the next week or so I hope to make more progress in the research tasks and continue to venture into the planning tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment